Go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- [Voiceover] The Olympus EM Series cameras offer a compelling range of features in compact packages. The cameras are built upon the popular micro 4/3rd standard which means there's a lot of flexibility here. That's because the cameras are supporting a standard that many manufacturers use including Olympus, Panasonic and Black Magic which leads to a wide range of third party accessories. Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and I'd like to welcome you to this course where we'll be exploring the many different ways to performance tune your Olympus EM Series camera. The goal here is to get beyond just the basics and to move into some of the more useful features, accessories and menu items that you can use to improve your shooting options.
Sure, you could put the camera in auto mode and get pretty good results, but it really comes when you move beyond that. When you start to take control using the many different shooting options, as well as some of the menu items that you can unlock some great features. Remember, there are a lot of different shooting situations that can confuse a camera such as mixed lighting, fast moving subjects, and overall low lighting levels. Knowing how to adjust your camera helps you get the best results. Now, please keep in mind that this class is not a photography course. We won't be going into deep detail on theory about composition or lighting.
You can find plenty of courses available to explore in the Online Library about those topics. What we will cover is a detailed look at the EM Series camera. This class will help you learn to use your camera, all of it's features, and menu items, as well as some additional accessories that can significantly expand the performance of your camera. All right, we've got a lot of great things to cover, so go get your camera, keep it close by so you can get hands on as we explore it's many features and controls.
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.