Learn how your lens choice and different shooting techniques can improve the quality of your portraits. Plus, get a review of popular prime and zoom lenses.
- Hi, I'm Chris. I love people photography and portraiture. I find people endlessly fascinating, and in photography, the gear which most directly affects the way our portraits look and what they say isn't the camera. It's the lens, and that's what this course is about. In this course, we're going to pursue finding a few answers to the question. What is the perfect portrait lens? Now, our pursuit will begin with a conversation about focal length. Here, we'll talk about different focal length lenses, and their strengths, and their weaknesses.
We'll capture some photographs, so that we can compare and contrast the results. Then we'll layer on top of that the idea of how we can work with camera angle, and how we could use camera angle to craft different types of images. Then we'll talk about the important topic of depth of field. Here, we'll highlight both practical and creative reasons why we might want to use a shallow depth of field. Then last but not least, we'll come back to the studio in order to have a conversation about lenses. Here, I'll share a few ideas and recommendations about lenses that you could use, and maybe even buy.
So, if you enjoy people photography, and if you're interested in learning how you can use lenses in order to create better photographs, well, you've come to the right place. Welcome, and let's begin.
- How sensor size affects focal length
- Shooting with different focal lengths
- Shooting at the best angle for your lens
- Understanding how f-stop, focal length, and camera distance affect depth of field
- Finding a great lens at an affordable price