When you shoot footage handheld, you might find that there is unwanted vibration or shake in the shot. This can be reduced by playing with the settings in your Olympus EM Series camera. Where can you find these settings? In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates the stabilization controls on an Olympus EM Series camera.
- Now, shooting handheld can lead…to unwanted vibrations or shake in the shot.…But that can be reduced by playing…with some of the settings here.…Remember, when you shoot in low-light situations…or you're shooting with really high magnification,…the image stabilizer is gonna kick in.…Typically, when you press the shutter button down halfway,…it's gonna invoke the stabilizer.…Now, there are some different settings…that you can choose from.…For example, you'll notice on the control screen here…that image stabilization is currently off.…However, I have a few different methods.…
One, two, three, and auto.…And these'll depend upon the shooting situation.…Now, the off method is going to simply…leave image stabilization off.…Now, most of the time, I prefer image stabilization,…but if you're gonna be shooting from a tripod,…many people recommend turning it off…so it doesn't fight against the tripod…or actually cause some additional vibration…from the engine or the motorized system inside the camera.…The next method, IS one, is quite useful.…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.