Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the options for exposure control, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- You know, as revolutionary as this D500 is,…if you've been with Nikon for a while,…you know that it's more of an evolution than revolution,…they keep building and improving a lot of the systems…that we've become accustomed to.…Exposure's one of them.…The matrix metering system is extremely accurate,…and it just gets better and better with each new generation.…So we wanna make sure that you're…in the right metering system.…The metering button is just on the top,…next to the mode button.…
If you press and hold it,…you can scroll through the various metering systems.…But I wanna make sure that you're in matrix metering,…because matrix metering is just so accurate.…It's very complex in the way it works,…it can even sorta detect, it knows where…your focus points are, it uses color, it knows backlight,…I mean, it's really kind of incredible.…You're gonna have perfect histograms,…and histogram is really how you determine the exposure.…
You don't just look at the back of the camera and…sort of see if the image is light or dark,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode