Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding more advanced autofocus features, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- There are a few more advanced auto focus options…that I wanted to go through.…These little tweaks that we'll look at here…may seem small at times, but you know in the world…of fast moving action, it's a matter of split seconds,…so you really wanna sort of be on your game…and configure the camera to the best of your ability…to make sure that you're able to capture…a decisive moment when you want it.…So again, we're gonna come back to the custom settings menu,…and I'm gonna go into autofocus,…and the first one that I wanted to talk about was A3,…focus tracking with lock-on.…
Now, the Nikon Autofocus System has always had this…for the dynamic modes, but they've taken it…a little bit further here, because now…there are two settings.…You've got a blocked shot AF response…and you've also got this subject motion…from erratic to steady and by configuring…these two settings, you can really finesse…your autofocus, so that you're going to have…even more in-focus shots when you're…dealing with fast action in any of the dynamic…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode