Many people rely on the autofocus capabilities of their Olympus EM Series camera when they shoot still photography. How do you see the many focus points your camera offers? How do you choose which ones you want to use? In this movie, author Richard Harrington show you how to customize the focus points your Olympus EM Series camera uses.
- Chances are when shooting photography,…you're gonna rely upon the autofocus capabilities…of your EM camera, now there are 81 focus targets…available in the camera, but you don't have…to necessarily use all of them.…To see those focus points, I recommend simply pressing…on the arrow pad, and it'll bring them up.…You'll see in this case we now have the ability to move…this around.…For example, if I set it on the back here,…and invoke focus, you see that the focus of our subject…is changed because these two objects are about…three feet apart.…
Now the display that you see may vary depending upon…the lens that you're using, for example if you're…using a manual lens, you won't see the autofocus…controls, and some of the older lenses may not support…all of the 81 targets, but typically when you're…using an official micro four thirds standard lens,…all 81 targets should be displayed.…If you're using an older four thirds lens,…not a micro four thirds lens, then you're typically…only gonna see 37 targets and it might be possible…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.