Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the advantage of Aperture Priority, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- I don't have to tell you that your Nikon D500…really is at the cutting edge of digital photography…in terms of the technology it employs,…it really is a computer in the shape of a camera.…But if you've been shooting for awhile,…the good news is that really,…it's still about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.…Those are the three elements that will…most profoundly affect the way your photographs…are gonna look, and controlling them with your D500…is the key to success, in terms of taking the pictures…that you wanna take.…
There is no holy grail when it comes to exposure modes.…We've got a choice here.…When we go to the camera, and we hit the mode button,…and turn the command wheel, you see…we've got aperture priority, we've got manual,…we've got programmed, and we've got shutter priority.…I'm gonna suggest we leave it on aperture priority.…There's only one right exposure on me,…and all four of those modes, you can get…to that right exposure, so I'm gonna say…simplify the system.…
A big take away from this performance tuning course is,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode