Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the AF system on the D500, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- Alright we're set up as back button auto focusers…but there's more to auto focus…then just back button auto focus and you need…to understand the various systems on your D 500.…One thing I will say and you probably know this already…that the auto focus system on the D 500…is the fastest I've ever seen.…It's lightning fast so there's really no reason…why you should have out of focus pictures…even in the fastest moving action situations.…But you do need to understand…how the various AF area modes work…to make the right selection for the right situation.…
So to do that you go to the AF button…So to do that you go to the AF button…on the bottom left of the camera and you press and hold it.…Now if you recall, to change to continuous cerval mode…we use the back command dial but to scroll…through the various choices you have with AF area modes…you use the front sub command dial.…And I'm gonna turn that to see the various choices.…When I make a change, we were started at single point.…Single point is the most precise…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode