Join Joseph "PhotoJoseph" Linaschke for an in-depth discussion in this video Time lapse mode, part of Photography 101.
- Time-lapse photography can be a really fun way…to document the passage of time.…Whether you're talking about the sun setting or rising,…the tide coming in and out, a flower opening,…or any number of things, time-lapse photography…allows you to take a long expanse of time…and compress it into a much shorter movie.…It's pretty neat stuff to play with.…Now depending on the camera that you have,…you may find that you have a lot…of this functionality built into the camera,…or you may need to add it on as software,…or even as hardware.…The process of what we're working with…is something called an intervalometer.…An intervalometer can be either hardware,…something you plug into the camera,…or software that's built into it.…
In today's demo, we're gonna be working with…a built in intervalometer on this Lumix camera,…but again it's just gonna depend…on the camera that you have how you go about doing it.…Before you can punch in the numbers into your camera…to determine how many frames and at what…interval they're going to be taken,…
- Adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling autofocus
- Using buttons to change focus, metering, and shooting modes
- Carrying a camera like a pro
- Stabilizing the camera
- Working with flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Buying new gear
Skill Level Beginner
1. Carry and Hold A Camera Like a Pro
2. Stabilize the Camera
3. P Is Not for Perfect
4. Settings in the Real World
5. Push Your Buttons
6. Control Your Auto Focus
Focus peaking1m 21s
8. Change Your Point of View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.