When shooting photos with your Olympus EM Series camera, you might want to use a flash to help properly expose the image. Some EM Series cameras may have a built-in flash. What if you want to attach a flash to your camera? In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to attach a flash to your Olympus EM Series camera.
- View Offline
- Now, if you're shooting with an EM-10,…it actually has an integrated flash.…We can pop that up there, and this is…like a lot of point and shoot cameras,…or lower end DSLRs.…But, if you're using the EM-1 or the EM-5,…no such luck, but that's actually okay.…There's a couple of different ways that you can do this.…First up, let me just position this so it's…a little easier for you to see, and on…the top here we're gonna remove this cover.…By default there's a small plastic piece…that helps keep this safe, and this is…where the flash can attach.…
Now, it's gonna depend upon the version of…your camera; for this particular camera,…we need to attach this right into the shoe.…So I just simply slide that into the shoe...…And then on the back here, there's a lever.…Flipping that will put that into the lock position…and make it more difficult to remove the flash.…You'll notice that the flash itself can be…angled and adjusted.…Now, if you've got an older version of the camera,…you might also notice that there's an accessory port.…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.