Your Olympus EM Series camera comes standard with many different white balance presets. What if you want to dial in your own white balance preset? What is the process for creating a custom white balance? Author Richard Harrington walks you through how to create a custom white balance preset when taking still images on your Olympus EM Series camera.
- While your camera comes with many white balance presets…if it's an E-M1 or E-M5,…it's still useful to be able to dial in your own preset.…And if you're shooting on the E-M10,…well, you're really gonna wanna know…how to do a custom white balance.…By selecting white balance, you can…actually choose and navigate past…all the presets to choose your own preset.…You'll notice here we have several different choices,…the ability to dial in a specific color temperature,…an auto white balance, different lighting conditions,…and each of these changes how the scene looks.…
Notice, there, for shooting under a tungsten light,…we're looking quite blue.…Or fluorescent lighting.…Well, what I wanna do is actually…assign a custom white balance.…Depending upon your model of camera,…you can have up to four white balance banks that you can do.…This can be quite useful if you shoot…in many different conditions.…For example, I could set a custom white balance…for my photo studio upstairs,…and have a different one for the video studio…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.