Any grip kit you have, whether you are in the photography studio or in the field, needs to have power solutions. You can pick up many of these at your local hardware store. What power solutions do you need? In this movie, author Abba Shapiro demonstrates the importance of including items that help keep your cords and wires in your grip kit.
- When running power anywhere in the set,…well running any cabling,…always dress the set for safety,…which means tape it down or cover it up.…Now one of the most important things you can have…are runners and these are great in high traffic areas,…you can actually run your cabling inside them,…close it, it's bright enough so people will see it…and not trip over your runner and it will keep…from tripping over the actual cables.…Of course gaffer tape is very useful for making sure…that your set is safe, and to simply gaff something down,…one, use plenty of tape, don't worry about not using tape,…don't use little pieces to tape down an edge,…you want to actually get a nice long strip…and run it along the cable,…try to keep the cables straight,…and you know you can use more than one piece,…and just tape it down so that it's not going to flop around,…now the reason I did this is because what's important…is when you're dealing with gaffing cable down…is how you tear it up, and what a lot of people…want to do is they just want to grab the cable…
- What is a grip kit?
- Organizing and transporting your grip gear
- Using stands and plates
- Mounting equipment with clamps
- Controlling and shaping light
- Powering your shoots
- Staying safe: important safety gear
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Do You Need Grip Gear?
What is a grip kit?1m 3s
2. Stands and Plates
4. Controlling and Shaping Light
6. Safety Equipment and Essential Items
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.