- Keeping your camera lens safe from scratches…is, of course, very important.…You don't wanna get a scratch on your lens.…So the best way to keep it safe when it's in your camera bag…is the lens cap.…Whenever it's in your bag,…keep the lens cap on,…the lens will stay safe.…But when you're out shooting…you can't very well have this on there, can you?…So, what are you gonna do?…Well, there's a couple of options.…A lot of people will tell you…that you want to put a a skylight or a UV filter…on your camera.…Now this is a pretty good option,…but there's a couple of problems with this.…First of all a standard skylight or UV filter…that's not terribly expensive,…is actually going to do more harm than good.…
Let me show you why.…If you're taking a picture where…there's a fine point of light,…a little light source like a light bulb for example,…that fine point of light is going to travel through the lens…and hit the sensor to record the image,…and then bounce off the sensor back out through the lens.…That's just the way it works,…
- Adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling autofocus
- Using buttons to change focus, metering, and shooting modes
- Carrying a camera like a pro
- Stabilizing the camera
- Working with flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Buying new gear
Skill Level Beginner
1. Carry and Hold A Camera Like a Pro
2. Stabilize the Camera
3. P Is Not for Perfect
4. Settings in the Real World
5. Push Your Buttons
6. Control Your Auto Focus
Focus peaking1m 21s
8. Change Your Point of View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.