Some smaller, essential items that you need in your grip kit are clamps. There will be many times when you will want to modify a light or set up a reflector. What types of clamps are you looking for? In this movie, author Abba Shapiro demonstrates the importance of including pony clamps in your grip kit.
- The pony clamp or A clamp should be in every grip kit.…This is the do everything clamp.…They can be used for mounting gels to lights.…You can also use them to mount reflectors,…hang sound blankets and backdrops.…You can even use them to tighten the back…of your talent's shirt so it doesn't bunch and billow.…Now, the nice thing about these pony clamps…is they're made with vinyl tips,…so you're not going to mar things or tear somebody's shirt.…The vinyl handles are great.…
They're non-slip, and they're pretty lightweight.…As a matter of fact, you'll probably carry a half dozen,…maybe a dozen of these because you'll find a lot of uses…for the pony clamp when you're lighting a set.…
- What is a grip kit?
- Organizing and transporting your grip gear
- Using stands and plates
- Mounting equipment with clamps
- Controlling and shaping light
- Powering your shoots
- Staying safe: important safety gear
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Do You Need Grip Gear?
What is a grip kit?1m 3s
2. Stands and Plates
4. Controlling and Shaping Light
6. Safety Equipment and Essential Items
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.