Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Photographing the Chicago skyline at sunset, part of Architectural Photography: A Fine Art Approach.
- We're here at the Adler Planetarium…on the shores of Lake Michigan…and I've got the entire Chicago skyline in front of me.…This is a fantastic way to kind of culminate…a lot of the stuff I've done already in Chicago.…To see the buildings from a distance,…to see the color in the sky,…just kind of take it all in.…Most cities have some sort of skyline access…and it's so crucial to get that shot and get that view.…It's amazing, and Chicago has an exceptional view.…What we're going to do is do a panorama of this,…really take it all in and create a long panorama.…
And so we've got a 55mm prime set up on the Sony a7R II…and we're basically going to shoot a series of shots…through the entire city skyline.…Okay, so I'm going to take you through it.…The light's disappearing fast…so I'm going to speed up here and get moving.…So, the exposure I'm going to set…for the brightest point in the sky which is right over here.…I'm going to use F8 which is a really sharp aperture…for this lens and my distance is so far away…I don't have a lot of depth of field,…
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 53s Intermediate
Insights on Architectural Photographywith Richard Klein45m 8s Appropriate for all
Introduction to Chicago City Shoot
1. Staircase at Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art
2. Flamingo Sculpture in the Chicago Federal Plaza
3. Van Buren Residential Tower in Chicago
4. Cloud Gate in Millennium Park
5. Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park
6. Frank Gehry BP Bridge Walkway
7. Chicago at Night
8. Final Selects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.