- Using the viewfinder
- Adjusting focus
- Setting back-button autofocus
- Customizing buttons and menus
- Configuring a touchless shutter
- Using the Bracket Pro and Smart Remote Control apps
- Using adapters and accessories with the Sony Alpha a7
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Justin Reznick and in this course we're gonna explore the Sony a7 series. We're gonna get into how I optimize it for my workflow. Now I photograph landscapes and architecture primarily and so we're gonna use the Sony a7R Mark II, which is a 42 megapixel camera. Sony also makes an a7 and an a7S and fortunately the menu systems are very similar so any of those bodies, you'll really be able to learn from this course. Now we're not going to go into what every single menu option does and what every button does.
We're going to go into optimizing it. What do I do? How do I use the camera so that it makes sense and that it's simple and that I can concentrate on making images? We're gonna go over focus peaking, which is really unique to (mumbles) systems. We're gonna get into how I custom back button focus. We're gonna get into the custom key settings and set up each button to do what I need it to do for my workflow. We're gonna get into the application store, which is really cool that Sony lets you purchase apps and implement more functionality in the camera itself.
We're gonna explore what the electronic viewfinder's all about. We're also gonna talk about some of the lenses I like to use as well as an adapter and bring in third party lenses as well. Alright, let's get started.