Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- View Offline
- Well I think it's probably happened to everyone.…The night before you're out shooting, you're bracketing,…you're making all these crazy settings.…You're tired at the end of the day.…You put the camera into your bag and you forget about it.…Next time you go out, hopefully it's the next day…and you're shooting a lot.…You take the camera out, you start shooting…and there's all these settings from the last shoot…that really have nothing to do with what you're doing now.…It kinda slows you down and more importantly…you might miss some important pictures.…
So as a best practice…for the D500 Performance Tuning Course.…I think it's important that you get into the habit…of zeroing out your equipment at the end of every shoot…just like you do anything.…That is a good habit to get into.…And some of the key things that you wanna do…are to zero out.…Exposure Mode.…I was in Manual Exposure Mode.…I'm gonna go back to sort of my starting point…and that is Aperture Priority.…
Leave it there.…And then I'm gonna make sure that my,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode