Join Tim Grey for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Photography: Autofocus.
- Now that you have a better understanding…of some of the concepts related to focus,…auto focus, and depth of field in photography,…you're ready to move on to some more advanced…or some related topics.…You'll want to consider, for example,…not only making sure that your photographs…are sharp from the standpoint of focus…but also that there's no motion blur for example…or at least no unintended motion blur.…So I encourage you to explore some other courses…that will help you expand your horizons in photography,…taking a look at image stabilization…and ensuring you have a fast enough shutter speed…for example, moving on to some more…of the creative considerations as well.…
You'll find many courses here in the library…that will help you in that pursuit…as you continue improving your knowledge…and your skill as a photographer.…
Photographer and educator Tim Grey explores these questions and more in this exploration of focus and autofocus. And because sharpness isn't everything, Tim also details scenarios where blur can have more impact.
- What is focus?
- Calculating depth of field
- Looking at focus limitations
- Employing autofocus one shot vs. continuous
- Using manual focus
- Setting and choosing focus points
- Controlling depth of field
- Using intentional blur and bokeh
- Finding focus while panning