Some smaller, essential items that you need in your grip kit are clamps. There will be many times when you will want to modify a light or set up a reflector. What types of clamps are you looking for? In this movie, author Abba Shapiro demonstrates the importance of including mafer clamps in your grip kit.
- The Mafer clamp is the superman of clamps.…As a matter of fact, it's often called a super clamp.…Now, what I love about this is…extremely heavy duty clamp that can bite down on pipes…or on your light stand or any kind of pole…that might be around,…allowing you to mount lights in really tight spaces…or in a situation where you couldn't necessarily…put a light stand, but there is some sort…of a pipe or a pole there.…And, as a matter of fact, I even use these on C-stands.…And what I love about it is…it's a really tight grip.…It's a little bit of rubber here…and I can just place it on the light stand.…
Tighten it exactly where I need it to be…and once it's on, it really does hold a lot of weight.…I can go ahead and mount, say, an arm…or a light stand mount.…I can simply put it in,…tighten it into position,…and now I can position my light or my modifier exactly…where I need it to be.…
- What is a grip kit?
- Organizing and transporting your grip gear
- Using stands and plates
- Mounting equipment with clamps
- Controlling and shaping light
- Powering your shoots
- Staying safe: important safety gear
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Do You Need Grip Gear?
What is a grip kit?1m 3s
2. Stands and Plates
4. Controlling and Shaping Light
6. Safety Equipment and Essential Items
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.