Not only can your Olympus EM Series camera take photos, but it can also shoot high quality, HD video. A way to get great footage is to attach a video quality lens to your EM camera. What are some companies that sell quality video lenses for an Olympus EM Series camera? Author Richard Harrington highlights several lenses that shoot great footage.
- While cameras from Black Magic…and Panasonic are a bit more popular…with video shooters, your Olympus…is quite capable of shooting high quality HD video.…But in order to get the most out of it,…I'd recommend pairing it with a video lens.…Now, Voightlaender is a manufacturer…that's been making manual lenses for some time,…and they're known for exceptionally fast lenses.…For example, this has an aperture of…095 which is an incredible amount of light coming in.…You'll notice though that the aperture…is changed up front.…
So as I change that aperture,…it's all being done a the lens level…not on the camera body.…Let's go ahead and set to F2.…And now I'll manually focus.…By turning the focus ring,…we can precisely focus on our subject.…Now, you'll notice that there's a…series of marks here on the barrel.…And as you tune that, that's going to help you…dial in the right focus.…You'll take a look at the top here,…and you'll see a series of numbers…that make that easier.…
Now, another lens that I like for video shooting…are ones from SLR Magic which is what I have here.…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.