Join Joseph "PhotoJoseph" Linaschke for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to modes, part of Photography 101.
- I'm here to tell you today that P…is not for perfect.…It is also not for professional.…P is actually for program, which is the camera…manufacturers way of saying fully automatic.…And P is the mode that you do not…want to be in if you own a fancy new…mirror less or DSLR camera.…Because P or fully automatic is basically…no better than what you got off your…point and shoot or off of your smartphone.…If you own a camera like this and you're…watching this course odds are you want…to get away from fully automatic.…So that's what this chapter's all about.…We'll explore the different modes…including aperture and shutter priority…and even manual, and understand how they work,…when to use them and what they do.…
- Adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling autofocus
- Using buttons to change focus, metering, and shooting modes
- Carrying a camera like a pro
- Stabilizing the camera
- Working with flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Buying new gear
Skill Level Beginner
1. Carry and Hold A Camera Like a Pro
2. Stabilize the Camera
3. P Is Not for Perfect
4. Settings in the Real World
5. Push Your Buttons
6. Control Your Auto Focus
Focus peaking1m 21s
8. Change Your Point of View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.