Join Joseph "PhotoJoseph" Linaschke for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to flash, part of Photography 101.
- In this chapter, I'd like to introduce you…to some of the basics of flash photography.…Now getting deep into the world of flash on and off camera…is a bit beyond the scope of this course,…and there's plenty of other courses in the library…where you can explore flash photography to its fullest,…but in this chapter, I just want to introduce you…to two things.…First we're gonna talk about the popup on camera flash…that comes with many smaller cameras today…as well as introduce you to the theories…behind flash photography.…There's some really good basic knowledge…that I can give you that will help you on your path…towards learning more about flash photography.…
- Adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling autofocus
- Using buttons to change focus, metering, and shooting modes
- Carrying a camera like a pro
- Stabilizing the camera
- Working with flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Buying new gear
Skill Level Beginner
1. Carry and Hold A Camera Like a Pro
2. Stabilize the Camera
3. P Is Not for Perfect
4. Settings in the Real World
5. Push Your Buttons
6. Control Your Auto Focus
Focus peaking1m 21s
8. Change Your Point of View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.