Join Paul Taggart for an in-depth discussion in this video Ingesting the VR footage into the computer, part of VR Video and Photography: Storytelling.
- So I just want to go through my post production workflow…with this GoPro VR rig.…For the most part, this course is about story telling in VR.…Which means the camera's not really that important.…Its' just whatever camera you have access to.…That said, the technology's going to be changing rapidly…with this stuff.…As of right now, there's not a lot of pro sumer market…VR rigs available.…The only one that really outputs…a single file that's awesome…is a Nokia camera that's $65,000…so we're not shooting with that.…
But one thing that is important here…is right now I'm shooting with this GoPro rig…that's got six different cameras mounted on it.…One thing that is probably not going away anytime soon…is multi cam rigs for VR.…It may not be GoPros in six months.…It may be people putting six 5Ds on a mount similar to this,…or they're already doing red cameras mounted like this.…So a lot of the stuff I'm going to talk about real quickly…as far as post production concerns,…will translate to any multi camera rig.…So first off, when I get home or back to the hotel…
You can watch the 360-degree VR movie that Paul created for this course on YouTube.
- Scouting locations
- Utilizing the VR rig
- Adding details and characters to a story
- Building a story arc
- Reviewing rendered VR files
- Stitching a VR movie in software
- Shooting VR of a big event
- Documenting the conclusion of a story