Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use this course, part of Olympus OM-D Cameras: Tips and Techniques.
- This course is designed to help you unlock your EM Series camera to it's full potential. We'll do this by exploring some of the craft skills of photography. Specifically, you'll learn how to use your particular camera. Now, the exact features may vary slightly between the different versions and model of this camera. So it's important to always download a copy of the latest user manual and firmware so that you can most closely match what we're covering in this course and potentially look up if a button might be slightly different on your version of the camera. Remember, all of the lenses and accessories that you can buy to be used with these cameras can move from one camera to the other in the Em Series lineup.
So, for example, if you start with the EM-10 and then move up to an EM-1, the bulk of your accessories and gear should travel with you. It's a great idea, though, to learn about all of the features available in each of these cameras. This means that you can then, in the future, upgrade a camera and still use this. Now in this course, I'm gonna demonstrate a series of customization strategies aimed at making your EM Series camera far more responsive. I'm gonna teach you from the assumption that you didn't just pull the camera out of the box. Rather you've already been shooting for a while.
You don't need to be a master at your camera, but make sure you've logged a good few hours with the camera before you really dig into all these tips.
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.