Join Levi Sim for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Flash Photography: Canon Speedlites.
- Thank you so much for joining me for this class…on Cannon speed lights.…I've got another class on Nikon speed lights.…So if you're a Nikon shooter head over there…and you'll learn similar techniques.…We've talked about how to make these speed lights…really sing and control the quality, the direction,…and the color of our light coming out of them.…We can make really flattering portraits.…We can make dramatic light and we can use them…off the camera to really create a marvelous picture…that just matches what you had in mind…when you thought about doing the picture.…
I encourage you to get out there…and start shooting a lot.…Just practice using it.…The more you use it, the simpler it will become to do.…The menu systems will just become…second nature for you.…I'm really excited as you start this new adventure…with your Cannon speed lights.…
You'll also find out how to set up your Canon camera itself to make the most of the speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Levi Sim helps you master the controls, including the camera and flash modes, flash modifiers, and accessories, and creative options offered by a speedlight: soft light, hard light, and bounced light. By the end of this course, you'll be able to make great light in any situation with your speedlight. If you don't have one yet, you'll understand just what model is best for your needs and what features you'll use the most.
- Why use a speedlight?
- Powering a speedlight
- Choosing the right camera mode
- Choosing the right flash modes
- Using flash modifiers
- Creating soft and hard light
- Accessing Commander mode
- Positioning the flash off camera
- Using an iTTL extension cord
- Extending battery life
- Controlling ambient light
- Using speedlights with third-party radio triggers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Speedlites
2. Quick Start
Speedlite menus and controls4m 40s
3. Taking Control of a Speedlite
4. Controlling and Shaping the Light
5. The Camera as Commander
6. Using Off-Camera Flash
7. Shooting with Speedlites and Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.