When you are on a photography set, whether it is a studio or in the field, it is paramount that you make sure your set is safe. What are some essential grip gear items that you need to keep everyone and everything safe? In this movie, author Abba Shapiro demonstrates the importance of including gloves in your grip kit.
- Every grip kit should have a good pair of work gloves.…Not just to adjust hot lights, but to protect your hands…as you set up gear.…A good pair of work gloves will keep your fingers…from getting pinched or cut while you're on the set.…You may also want a dedicated pair of gloves…for shooting outside in the winter.…Now, some gloves have flaps on the index finger…and the thumb that can be flipped back…so you have more tactile interaction with your equipment.…I'll tell ya, a good pair of leather gloves in your grip kit…can really save your fingers.…
- What is a grip kit?
- Organizing and transporting your grip gear
- Using stands and plates
- Mounting equipment with clamps
- Controlling and shaping light
- Powering your shoots
- Staying safe: important safety gear
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Do You Need Grip Gear?
What is a grip kit?1m 3s
2. Stands and Plates
4. Controlling and Shaping Light
6. Safety Equipment and Essential Items
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.