When you are on a photography set, whether it is a studio or in the field, it is paramount that you make sure your set is safe. What are some essential grip gear items that you need to keep everyone and everything safe? In this movie, author Abba Shapiro demonstrates the importance of including gaffer tape in your grip kit.
- The number one safety item and jack-of-all solutions…on a set is Gaffer's tape.…Gaffer tape can be on of those multi-use solutions…to dozens of unexpected problems.…It's made of cloth, so it's easy to rip with your hand.…In addition to anchoring cables and cords…and keeping a shooting area safe,…you can use it to quickly fix a piece of gear,…hold Cinefoil or gels in place,…and tape it to the floor to create marks for your talent.…Best of all, Gaffer's tape is easy to remove from a surface…without leaving any residue.…
Gaffer tape comes in a variety of colors…from matte black to fluorescent orange…and even GreenScreen green,…and just about everything in between.…Matte black is the most common type used,…and the two inch size can be the most useful.…You should always have Gaffer's Tape in any grip kit.…
- What is a grip kit?
- Organizing and transporting your grip gear
- Using stands and plates
- Mounting equipment with clamps
- Controlling and shaping light
- Powering your shoots
- Staying safe: important safety gear
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Do You Need Grip Gear?
What is a grip kit?1m 3s
2. Stands and Plates
4. Controlling and Shaping Light
6. Safety Equipment and Essential Items
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.