- What is a grip kit?
- Organizing and transporting your grip gear
- Using stands and plates
- Mounting equipment with clamps
- Controlling and shaping light
- Powering your shoots
- Staying safe: important safety gear
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Abba Shapiro and welcome to Essential Grip Gear for Photographers. In this course, we're going to explore some of the accessories professional photographers use to help them get their shots. We will be looking at a variety of light stands and mounting brackets, what gear you can use to control and shape light, such as flags and reflectors. We'll look at a variety of clamps and explain how and why you would use them and, of course, explore those little things such as multitools and gaffers tape that you should keep on hand to make sure your shoots go smoothly.
Now, let's go behind the scenes and explore some of the Essential Grip Gear for Photographers.
1. Why Do You Need Grip Gear?
What is a grip kit?1m 3s
2. Stands and Plates
4. Controlling and Shaping Light
6. Safety Equipment and Essential Items
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.