Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the My Menu settings, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- All right, we've made a bunch of tweaks.…We've been in the menu system quite a lot…and I think you realize there are a lot of menu items.…Well over 100 menu items.…The fact is though,…there's a lot of versatility…in terms of programming your D500,…but a lot of us really just want to use…our top 10 menu items to change on a regular basis…and remembering whether it was in the shooting menu…or the set up menu can be a little bit difficult at times.…Well, I think Nikon's got your back there…because there's something called my menu…where you can search throughout the menu system,…take the greatest hits,…the ones you know you're gonna change on a regular basis,…put them in one spot so you won't have to remember…and memorize those over 100 menu items.…
It's easy to do, so let's do it now.…In the menu, my menu is at the very bottom.…Here it is, my menu.…This is a blank my menu.…This is probably what yours looks like.…If you don't see my menu,…maybe you see something called recent settings…because there are two settings here.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode