Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Live View mode on the D500, part of Nikon D500: Tips and Techniques.
- Live view is a very powerful feature on my Nikon camera,…but the D500 takes it up a couple of notches.…It's got this beautiful, very resolute…2.3 million dot screen…that makes it easy to compose.…It makes it easy to enlarge within the frame…and see the kind of detail that you're gonna get.…But what's most important for me as a street photographer…is the fact it's got an articulating screen…so I can angle this thing,…I can shoot from angles that I normally would not easily get…which I can easily get here.…
I have a friend who uses an old film cam,…an old Nikon F…and takes the top off and uses it to look down…and it allows her to get angles that are different and new…and it kind of can breathe new life into your photography.…So with this new screen,…I'm gonna be bending down a little bit more…in a more comfortable way and experimenting.…As a street photographer,…one of the most exciting things…about this articulating screen is I can touch it…and where ever I touch within the frame,…not only will it focus, but it will take the picture.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode