When you began shooting, you might have started in a mode like Intelligent Auto. Your Olympus EM Series camera offers more advanced shooting modes that give you more control over your image. What are these advanced shooting modes? In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates the other shooting modes your Olympus EM Series camera offers.
- When you started shooting,…you might have begun with a mode like iAuto,…for intelligent auto.…But ideally, you're gonna move…to one of the more advanced shooting modes,…which will give you more control.…The first mode that many people explore is P.…Now, some people think of this…as point and shoot photography,…but it's also program mode.…And when it's in P mode,…the camera is gonna automatically adjust the shutter speed…and the aperture in response to the subject brightness.…Now, you might be thinking,…well, doesn't that sound a lot like auto?…But no, you can actually influence this.…
The shutter speed and aperture can be selected…by the camera, but they're also displayed.…For example here, if I turn the dial,…you'll notice that I can actually start to influence things.…And now it's underexposing.…This gives me that ability to shift things.…So in this case,…I'm adjusting the exposure compensation slightly,…and it's adjusting.…So if I wanted a really rich black,…I could underexpose slightly.…Turning the back dial is creating the shift.…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.