On your Olympus EM Series camera, you are likely going to find function buttons that you can reassign to functions you typically use. How do you change these function buttons in the menus? In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to reassign function buttons on an Olympus EM Series camera.
- On your camera, you're likely going to find…some function buttons that you can actually reallocate.…Now, we mentioned earlier, for example, F2 here.…This is the gamma curve button.…But, that could be reassigned.…The record button could be reassigned.…All those function buttons on the back of the camera,…well, those could be reassigned as well,…so if you want to change their default behavior,…you can do so.…Let me show you how.…This is all driven by the menus,…and this is simply something…that you're just gonna have to dive in and experiment with…to find the ones that you want to change.…
I'll press the menu button here.…Now, choose Button/Dial/Lever.…This'll allow you to reassign choices…and press the OK button.…You now can assign things in the way that you want,…for example, the buttons, the dials, their direction…if you're more used to Canon or Nikon style shooting,…as well as what the level does…or any of the buttons on the grip itself.…Let's start with Button Function.…You'll see here that this camera…is set up pretty default.…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.