Join Joseph "PhotoJoseph" Linaschke for an in-depth discussion in this video Angle, part of Photography 101.
- The next idea that I want you…to think about is angle.…And I'm talking specifically about…the angle that the camera is tilted at,…or not tilted at.…You may have heard the term a dutch angle before,…and that's when the camera gets tilted a little bit.…And this can be very, very effective,…both in photography and in filmmaking.…In this case, we're going to take…a picture of the scene behind me here…where I have this path leading down…to a little cabin and I'm going to shoot it first…just straight on.…And then I'm gonna go for a bit of an angle…and we'll see how much of a difference…it makes in the shot.…So first let's take a look at this just straight on.…
Pretty normal...…Like so.…And you know, that's not a bad photo, it's pretty.…We see the path, we see the house in the background,…that's pretty good.…But now let's see what happens if I angle this a bit…and really force the perspective and force…that house into the corner of the shot.…I'm gonna zoom in just a little bit.…We're still gonna put the focus point…way down here on the path.…
- Adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling autofocus
- Using buttons to change focus, metering, and shooting modes
- Carrying a camera like a pro
- Stabilizing the camera
- Working with flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Buying new gear
Skill Level Beginner
1. Carry and Hold A Camera Like a Pro
2. Stabilize the Camera
3. P Is Not for Perfect
4. Settings in the Real World
5. Push Your Buttons
6. Control Your Auto Focus
Focus peaking1m 21s
8. Change Your Point of View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.