Batteries are crucial for shooting photography and video. Without batteries, your Olympus EM Series camera will not run. Can you buy batteries from third-party manufacturers? Author Richard Harrington talks about why you should have extra batteries with you at all times and shares third-party manufacturers that make batteries for Olympus cameras.
- Truth is, you can never have enough batteries.…When you run out of power, you can't shoot any more…and until cameras start to be powered by fission…or solar power, you're gonna actually have to make sure…you carry some additional batteries in your pocket.…Now, you can buy the official batteries from Olympus…and that's what's recommended for the best performance,…but there are many third party…battery manufacturers out there.…The only challenge is how those batteries…are gonna work when you go to charge them.…For example, I've got an official battery here…in an Olympus charger, which works really well.…
When we put the charger in, it's gonna light up and indicate…that it's charging.…However, if I use a third party battery,…even though it's gonna fit,…it may not trigger that light.…Now, this one did, but I've noticed sometimes…that it's not necessarily as accurate of reading…if it's fully charged.…I have a mixture of third party and official Olympus…batteries and it's easy enough.…Make sure you read reviews and find ones…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.