Want to extend the battery life of your Olympus EM Series camera? By attaching a battery grip, you not only have your camera powered for longer, it can also add comfort while you shoot. You can also assign functions to your battery grip. Author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to attach a battery grip to an Olympus EM Series camera.
- A camera grip both adds comfort and performance.…You can significantly extend the battery usage time…by attaching a power battery holder,…or grip, and this can hold the second battery.…You can also assign functions to it.…Now attaching it is pretty simple.…You'll see here I have two different styles.…This depends upon the camera model that you're using,…so always check that you have the right grip for the…camera that's recommended.…In this case, this is for the newer cameras,…and this is for the older cameras.…Let's attach that one.…
On the bottom of your camera,…you're gonna see that you have a series of pins.…Now those might be covered up.…By default, there should be a rubber plate there that's…covering it and protecting those sensors.…It's gonna look like that when it's in place.…That's gonna be placed over that port…to minimize the chance of any damage or accidental contact,…but that can peel right off, and be sure not to lose that.…To make it easy, right on the backside of the grip,…there's actually a small hole in there.…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.