- Each of these speed lights can be used…as a wireless slave.…I can place them elsewhere in the room…to be lighting up my picture without…being connected to the camera.…Let me show you really quickly…how to enter that slave mode…on each of the models.…Let's start with the 600 EXRT,…and this would also be similar for the 600 EX,…it just won't have the radio transmitter options…that I'm starting with.…And I'm holding it up next to the…STE three transmitter, so that we can see when it links.…
Just enter wireless mode right over here.…And right now it's master, let's switch…one more to slave, and the screen turns orange…to indicate that we're in slave mode.…Now, press menu one,…until you get to channel.…Press the channel button, and now,…dial it over to 15, so that it matches the transmitter,…and the flash will link up.…There we go, green light.…
We're ready to fire with this.…As it happens, with the 600 EXRT,…even if we're not using the radio transmitter,…and we're using an optical system instead,…this is still ready to go.…
You'll also find out how to set up your Canon camera itself to make the most of the speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Levi Sim helps you master the controls, including the camera and flash modes, flash modifiers, and accessories, and creative options offered by a speedlight: soft light, hard light, and bounced light. By the end of this course, you'll be able to make great light in any situation with your speedlight. If you don't have one yet, you'll understand just what model is best for your needs and what features you'll use the most.
- Why use a speedlight?
- Powering a speedlight
- Choosing the right camera mode
- Choosing the right flash modes
- Using flash modifiers
- Creating soft and hard light
- Accessing Commander mode
- Positioning the flash off camera
- Using an iTTL extension cord
- Extending battery life
- Controlling ambient light
- Using speedlights with third-party radio triggers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Speedlites
2. Quick Start
Speedlite menus and controls4m 40s
3. Taking Control of a Speedlite
4. Controlling and Shaping the Light
5. The Camera as Commander
6. Using Off-Camera Flash
7. Shooting with Speedlites and Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.