Learn how lens profiles can fix unwanted distortion and other problems in your photos and videos—and how to create new lens profiles of your own.
- [Richard] Hi my name's Rich Harrington and today we're gonna explore working with lens corrections. Now the thing is is no matter what camera you have the lens introduces errors to the shot. That could be things like wide angle distortion or chromatic aberration which leads to color fringing or perhaps a vignette and fortunately Adobe has a fantastic tool to fix this. You'll see behind me a chart and if you shoot this chart and use a free utility from Adobe, it's very easy to build custom profiles for any lens and camera combination.
This will allow you to automatically fix these errors and pull those settings in to a wide range of applications. Now, in this course we're gonna cover a lot of things. To start out we'll explore the role that lens corrections play on a shot. I'll show you all the different types of errors you can get and how profiles can help fix these. We'll also explore building custom profiles. You'll see behind me a calibration chart as well as we've lit and set the camera up. I'll walk you through the whole process of capturing the calibration test images and then using the utility to build a profile for any camera.
Then we'll jump into some of the common Adobe imaging tools that you're used to using; Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop and I'll show you all the different techniques for repairing images. Now you may only need to watch one of these sections maybe you're just a Lightroom or a Photoshop user, but I recommend that you watch all the movies if you have the time because I'll help you spot common problems that you might've missed before and I'll show you how easy it is to fix those lens issues. We've got a lot of ground to cover so let's jump in.
- Understanding the role of lens profiles in auto corrections
- Making corrections in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Building custom lens profiles
- Solving problems in Lightroom
- Solving problems in Adobe Camera Raw
- Fixing photos and video with Photoshop
Skill Level Advanced
Photography Foundations: Specialty Lenseswith Ben Long3h 50m Intermediate
1. The Role of Lens Profiles and Auto Corrections
2. The Role of Lens Corrections
3. Building Custom Lens Profiles
4. Solving Problems in Lightroom
5. Solving Problems in Adobe Camera Raw
6. Fixing Photos and Videos with Adobe Photoshop
Final thoughts1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.