Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Using and Creating Lens Profiles in Adobe CC Applications.
- In order to create lens profiles you're going to need to have a basic familiarity with your camera. You should feel comfortable being able to do things like manually set the aperture, adjust the ISO and make sure that you're shooting a raw file if your camera supports it. Now as long as you have a basic comfort level with your camera you should be okay. On the software side, we'll take a look at tools like Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom, Camera Raw as well as jumping into the video apps. You really don't need to be a master on any of these apps.
I'll walk you through the whole process of using existing profiles as well as loading any custom ones that you built. This course is suitable for users of all levels so no matter where you're at photographically you will find something that you can use. And keep in mind, no matter what camera you use you will benefit. Whether you're shooting with a point-and-shoot, a smartphone, you see I've got a GoPro and a video camera over there as well as a DSLR. It doesn't matter. Any camera will benefit from the use of lens profiles. And I'll show you how to access ones that are pre-built by Adobe, where to find ones that come from the community, and of course how to build your own for the ultimate in control.
All right, let's go.
- Understanding the role of lens profiles in auto corrections
- Making corrections in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Building custom lens profiles
- Solving problems in Lightroom
- Solving problems in Adobe Camera Raw
- Fixing photos and video with Photoshop
Skill Level Advanced
Foundations of Photography: Specialty Lenseswith Ben Long3h 50m Intermediate
1. The Role of Lens Profiles and Auto Corrections
2. The Role of Lens Corrections
3. Building Custom Lens Profiles
4. Solving Problems in Lightroom
5. Solving Problems in Adobe Camera Raw
6. Fixing Photos and Videos with Adobe Photoshop
Final thoughts1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.