Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing geometric distortion, part of Using and Creating Lens Profiles in Adobe CC Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's make a few adjustments for geometric issues,…but take advantage of manual controls to do so.…In this case we have an image that's quite strong.…It's the wing of a plane from the Palm Springs Air Museum.…And because it's a recognizable shape,…it's important that we get the perspective correct.…Now I'll start right away with the lens corrections…and enable that.…And if it can't find it,…sometimes you have to go by eye.…You see in this case I was using a lens camera combination…that wasn't recognized.…
I have a lens on here that I didn't profile yet…and a camera that didn't line up.…So there are no profiles to read.…Now you can guess and attempt to fix it…but sometimes I find it easier to just go into manual mode…and override.…Let's take advantage of the distortion here…until we feel like we have a straight line.…That feels pretty good there.…You might find it useful to take the straighten tool…and set that crop.…
There we go.…I'll set that to normal so it's not constrained…and this allows me to use the crop tool as part of my…
- Understanding the role of lens profiles in auto corrections
- Making corrections in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Building custom lens profiles
- Solving problems in Lightroom
- Solving problems in Adobe Camera Raw
- Fixing photos and video with Photoshop
Skill Level Advanced
Foundations of Photography: Specialty Lenseswith Ben Long3h 50m Intermediate
1. The Role of Lens Profiles and Auto Corrections
2. The Role of Lens Corrections
3. Building Custom Lens Profiles
4. Solving Problems in Lightroom
5. Solving Problems in Adobe Camera Raw
6. Fixing Photos and Videos with Adobe Photoshop
Final thoughts1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.