Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading the Adobe Lens Profile Creator, part of Using and Creating Lens Profiles in Adobe CC Applications.
- Okay, we've headed into the studio, and we're ready to start the calibration process. In order to do this, there's several steps, so let's start at the beginning. The first thing you're gonna need to do, is actually get the test chart, and the good news is that this is part of the original download. So, let's head over to Adobe's website, and pull down the software. If you visit Adobe's website, simply click the Search button, and type in lens profile creator. Now you'll notice that it doesn't find it initially.
The basic search won't show it, so just select that text, and copy it to your clipboard, and try the advanced search. I recommend that you specify Mac or PC. Now, it carried over that term into the search field, so you won't need to paste it, and you'll see here that it did find results. If you need it for the PC, just replace macintosh with Windows. And you'll see the software here, click to access the download. This will take you to the software, and it contains some extra information.
Towards the bottom you'll see file information. Click to go to the download. This will take you directly to the Download page, and you could choose Download Now. Now, let this download to your computer. Depending upon the speed of the internet connection, it might take a moment, but once it successfully gets on your computer, just open up the file. There's the file in my Downloads folder, and you'll note in this case, on the Mac, that it's a DMG file, for a disc image. Let's open that up, and it will mount, and there it is.
Twirl down that folder, and explore the contents. You'll see here four major components, there's the app itself, feel free to drag that into your Applications folder, and then there is documentation. This contains three PDF's with instructions that you might use to supplement the training you receive here. Some sample images, if you'd like to test the creation of a profile, although I'll provide you our images as well, from this shooting session.
And, the calibration charts. Now, there are a lot of charts in here. In this case, you'll see several different dimensions, and these are the recommended printing dimensions.
- Understanding the role of lens profiles in auto corrections
- Making corrections in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Building custom lens profiles
- Solving problems in Lightroom
- Solving problems in Adobe Camera Raw
- Fixing photos and video with Photoshop