:root and :empty are not often used in CSS, but they can be useful with some types of programming. In this video, learn to use the :root CSS pseudo-class for work with CSS custom properties and the :empty pseudo-class in programming.
- Targeting classes and IDs
- Working with group selectors
- Targeting element attributes
- Targeting links with pseudo-class selectors
- Targeting child elements and empty elements
- Targeting parent, child, and sibling elements
- Best practices for CSS
- The impact of CSS selectors on performance
Skill Level Beginner
The power of selectors1m 8s
1. Review of Basic CSS
2. Combinator Selectors
3. Attribute Selectors
Simple attribute selectors2m 47s
4. Pseudo-Classes, Pseudo-Elements, and the Universal Selector
5. Choosing Selectors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.