Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training
A web site is just a web site unless it’s designed with a unique style. Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training highlights the importance of a CSS style guide, which serves as an interface for the design team and a communication tool for the client. Laurie Burruss calls on her background as director of digital media at Pasadena City College and takes an informative, real–world approach to this topic. She shows how Dreamweaver CS4 can be used to develop a coherent site–wide emotion that boosts brand identity. The course culminates with building a working web style guide for professional use. Exercise files and a downloadable PDF quiz accompany the course.
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites
- My name is Laurie Burruss. This title focuses on real world projects created through hands-on training. Upon completing each course, you will come away with your own project for your portfolio. Over the course of this title, we will use Dreamweaver CS4 to create a webpage and an external CSS style sheet that serves as an interface style guide to a website design team. Upon completion of this course you will be able to create a site with one xhtml webpage and an attached or external cascading style sheet that can be shared with a team as a reference for the look and feel of a basic website.
The hands-on training titles are a great complement to the essential training titles found elsewhere on the lynda.com online training library. If I cover something that is unfamiliar to you, please refer to the other titles in the library. Particularly Dreamweaver CS4 Essential Training. The hands on training projects are all about getting you from where you are, to where you want to go. So let's get started.
CSS for Designers1,507,887 Views
Managing CSS in Dreamweaver276,166 Views
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Manager58,897 Views
Building a Calculator for Apple Watch13,544 Views
Version Control for Everyone54,679 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
CSS: Core Concepts2,248,440 Views