Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrapping up the project, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] We've officially used Susy…to create a mobile-first responsive layout…for our webpage.…While this isn't the world's most amazing design,…you understand how to use…the various Sass libraries I've shown you.…Let's take a quick look back…at everything that's gone into this page.…So, first we used the command line…to install our package managers, npm and a Bower.…Next, we installed Grunt, various Grunt plugins…and configured our Grunt file…to automate parts of our workflow.…
After that, we got down to business…with some basic Sass principles and used Sass features…like variables and selector nesting…to make our coding simpler.…We also looked at how partials can keep your code organized.…Finally, we looked at how using libraries…like Bourbon and Sass,…can really speed up your development…by taking advantage of their mixins…to style our page and quickly generate a layout…with basically no math other than setting our screen sizes.…And this is just a single page…with minimal markup and styles.…
Imagine how much time this could save you…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.