Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video What you'll be building, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Narrator] I wanted to take a minute to go through…what we'll be creating together in the rest of the course.…I like a practical approach to learning,…something that you can really get your hands on and try out.…So, I created a sample project for us to build out together.…In the process, we'll be exploring different parts…of the technologies in this course.…So, this is a single page website that I built…using Sass, Bourbon, and the Susy framework…for responsive layouts.…So, when I resize the window here,…we can see that the layout adjust based on the screen size.…
We'll actually be able to handle these responsive…break points without even having to use math.…Now, I also wanted to show you how easy this site is…to work with once you've got Grunt installed and setup.…So, we've already got the pre-requisites installed.…So, all we need to do to work on this project…is open up the terminal and run that Grunt command.…This starts the watch task.…Now, over here in my code editor,…any time I make a change to my Sass files…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.