Join Patrick Carey for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of CSS: Enhancing Website Graphics.
- [Instructor] To be successful in this course, you should have some experience with HTML, especially knowing how to create links between HTML files and CSS style sheets. And you should be comfortable writing CSS style rules and applying CSS styles to specific page elements. Finally, you should know how to use a basic text editor and web browser. I strongly recommend that you use a current web browser. The demo pages written for these video tutorials were designed for Google Chrome and might not work as well in other browsers.
- Defining the element background
- Adding background color
- Inserting a background image
- Combining multiple backgrounds
- Creating borders
- Defining shadows
- Creating a text shadow
- Creating a box shadow
- Applying color gradients
- Formatting with filters
- Combining multiple filters
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Defining the Element Background
2. Creating Borders
3. Defining Shadows
4. Applying Color Gradients
5. Formating with Filters
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.