Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of CSS with LESS and Sass.
The first section focuses on LESS (Leaner CSS) and how it can be used on both the client and the server. The lessons show how to work with variables, mixins, nested rules, and other features to easily create maintainable CSS.
The second section introduces Sass (Syntactically awesome stylesheets), which contains many of the same features as LESS, along with a few new ones. Joe also compares and contrasts the two tools, and explains how your platform and needs may influence which tool you choose.
- What are LESS and Sass?
- Using variables in your CSS
- Working with reusable and parameterized mixins
- Implementing nested rules
- Combining CSS rules with operations
- Using the built-in functions in LESS and Sass
- Controlling the CSS output formatting
- Importing external files