Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know before you begin, part of Building a Responsive Portfolio Site.
- Before you begin this course, I'd like point out a few things that you should know prior to jumping in. This course assumes that you have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. If you're not comfortable writing either of these, you may want to pause this course, and take a couple of refresher courses first. If you need help with CSS, you might to check out CSS Fundamentals with James Williamson. This is a great course for any CSS beginner. If you're not ready to write HTML code just yet, be sure to check out HTML Essential Training, also with James. In addition to these courses, you might also want to check out James' course called Web Design Fundamentals, which breaks down the Fundamental concepts and tools of Web Design.
I have recommended it for anyone who is new to the industry.
- Planning and setting up an HTML layout
- Creating responsive CSS grids
- Incorporating web and icon fonts
- Building a layout with the Skeleton grid
- Styling the website
- Using jQuery for simple lightbox effects
- Testing a website's responsiveness
- Adjusting media queries