Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Bourbon?, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Narrator] We just talked about the power of Sass…and touched on some of the things that it can do.…So what is Bourbon?…Well, Bourbon is a small library that runs on top of Sass.…Think about all of those common bits of CSS…that you find yourself repeating from project to project…and Bourbon takes a lot of those common components…and provides a set of ready to use mixins…that you can drop into your Sass.…Basically it helps speed up the process of writing…your Sass because you can use the already existing…components instead of reinventing the wheel, so to speak.…
Over time, Bourbon has grown into a small suite of tools…maintained by the developers at ThoughtBot…and that suite includes Neat, Bitters and Refills.…Neat is a lightweight grid framework built on top of Bourbon…Bitters are some scaffolding styles designed…to get your basic variable and site structure laid out…for a Bourbon project and finally, Refills…is a collection of common user interface components,…things like Tabs, Buttons, Breadcrumbs, that sort of thing…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.