Highlights the importance of a CSS style guide, which serves as an interface for the design team and a communication tool for the client.
- View Offline
- My name is Laurie Burruss. This title focuses on real world projects created through hands-on training. Upon completing each course, you will come away with your own project for your portfolio. Over the course of this title, we will use Dreamweaver CS4 to create a webpage and an external CSS style sheet that serves as an interface style guide to a website design team. Upon completion of this course you will be able to create a site with one xhtml webpage and an attached or external cascading style sheet that can be shared with a team as a reference for the look and feel of a basic website.
The hands-on training titles are a great complement to the essential training titles found elsewhere on the lynda.com online training library. If I cover something that is unfamiliar to you, please refer to the other titles in the library. Particularly Dreamweaver CS4 Essential Training. The hands on training projects are all about getting you from where you are, to where you want to go. So let's get started.
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites