Write better CSS. Learn how to build a cohesive design system and robust architecture to take your style sheets to the next level.
- [Christina] Hi, I'm Christina Truong, and thanks for joining me. I'm so excited about this course, because it's about one of my favorite topics: writing better CSS. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt like every time you added a line of CSS, you fixed one thing and broke two other things? Or maybe you inherited a project and had a hard time figuring out what was going on, because there was no documentation and the structure wasn't intuitive? You would never build a house without a blueprint, so why go into a CSS project without a plan? In this course, I'll be talking all about reimagining your workflow by planning for and building out a thoughtful design system.
And not just writing CSS, but creating a whole CSS architecture built on a strong foundation.
- The pros and cons of design systems
- Open-source frameworks
- Planning a design system
- UI patterns and component libraries
- Style guides
- Building the CSS architecture
- Formatting rules
- Using standardized classes, naming conventions, and templates